Free Life Science/Open Research Reports Hack Days – London 6-7 December 2011
Between Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th of December, DevCSI will be running ‘Life Science Hackdays’ in London, the event is also being referred to ‘Open Research Reports Hackathon’, see http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/events/devcsi/life-sciences-hackdays/index.html . The event is being organized by:
- Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences (SWAT4LS, http://www.swat4ls.org/)
- Open Knowledge Foundation (OKF, Open Science Working Group – http://science.okfn.org/)
The event will bring together delegates from the SWAT4LS workshop and tutorials (taking place on the 8-9 December 2011) and researchers, developers and anyone else interested in the Life Sciences to work together in teams or individually to use and enhance existing Open Science semantic web applications and tools and possibly develop new ones.
The event will be suitable for:
- Researchers in the Life Sciences
- Software developers in the Life Sciences
- Those interested in Open Research Reporting
- Software developers / researchers developing Semantic Web
- Applications / Tools / Mashups / Visualisations from the Life Sciences and other domains
- Anyone interested in developing and using Open Science tools particularly in the Life Sciences
- Those offering support for using data sets, APIs and tools to be used for the delegates
Some ideas already being floated are in Malaria, Cancer and Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (CJD).
For more information and for booking, please visit: